A Quick Introduction
- 15 years of experience in user experience and interaction design including 7+ years experience with ecommerce optimization and testing
- Ability to simplify complex problems into manageable tasks and see through to resolution
- Proven ability to successfully manage and implement multiple and various sized projects from start to finish within time and budget constraints
- Effective management skills as well as outstanding leadership, presentation and communication skills in all facets of a project
Vegas.com / LasVegas.com / Mexico.com
Manager, Optimization & User Experience
March 2004 — Present
- Manage a team of designers and optimization analysts that are responsible for the online user experience of the various web properties as well as managing the optimization and testing efforts.
- Extensive work in analytics, user studies, multivariate and A/B testing applied to optimization of large volume commerce site. Success in both usability, user desire with an overall increase in sales metrics.
- Worked closely with product managers, project managers and developers to communicate and advocate effectively the value of continual optimization and testing as a company wide initiative.
- Responsible for the user experience and look and feel of Vegas.com, LasVegas.com, Mexico.com as well as all internal applications.
- Able to manage projects and workflow from a remote office. 25% of my time is spent on location and 75% is telecommuting.
Sr. User Interface Designer
March 2007 — September 2007
- Responsible for the User Interface, Graphical Design as well as usability strategies for the Paulette Carter Design Group.
- PCD Group is an interactive agency which focuses on Fortune 100 companies and their stringent requirements for excellent web application design.
- Create prototypes, wireframes and final graphical design for clients such as Citibank.com, Citigroup and Mercy Corps.
- Work with a team of developers to successfully create an end product website or web based application that accurately represents the initial design and strategy.
The Good Tech, Inc.
September 2003 — March 2004
- Responsible for all web design operations in Visalia California.
- Developed web design division of The Good Tech, Inc. an established information technology company out of Missouri.
- Built tools to unify web development standards and practices.
Sr. Web Designer / Usability Specialist
January 2002 — August 2003
- Developed a small business web portal from beginning concepts to final product launch.
- Collaborated with team to improve usability and customer experience.
- Responsible for the graphic design needs of the company including web, print and all advertising media.
Systems Technology Group
Sr. Web Designer
January 2001 — December 2002
- Interacted closely with various clients including Vertel, Phoenix Symphony, Scottsdale Center for the Arts, ASU Research Park.
- Cultivated relationships with customer base including the Arizona Department of Education to design the Child Nutrition Programs Web system (A multi-million dollar Federally funded web application).
- Built projects on multi-tiered architecture with heavy ASP and database integration.
Sr. Graphics Designer / Web Developer
December 1999 — December 2000
- Prototyped and brainstormed improvements and new features for the Visitalk.com web site.
- Responsible for creating HTML templates used by the web developers.
- Adhered to high usability concepts for high traffic web site.
Las Vegas Nevada
November 1997 — December 1999
- Designed and constructed web sites from start to finish for a wide variety of clients.
- Collaborated with developers to design and architect a hotel booking system, online casino games and a tee-time management system.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining search engine optimization for several web sites.